South O'Brien Music Boosters
Music Boosters was organized to help offer financial assistance to the needs of the South O’Brien Music Departments. The Music Boosters raise money by sponsoring various projects during the school year.
- Just Donate (held in October of each year). Music students canvas the district seeking donations to the Music Boosters. They do not sell anything, they just ask for your financial support.
- Concession stand at varsity basketball games.
- Pop can and bottle cages in Paullina, Primghar, and Sutherland
PAST PURCHASES INCLUDE:
- Instrument stands
- Sound system for the Choir room in Paullina
- Tuxedos for Concert Choir and Show Choir
- Dresses for Concert Choir and Show Choir
- Show Choir Choreography
- Miscellaneous Uniforms
- Electronic equipment
- Trailer for hauling equipment
- Music software
- Shared expenses for Director Professional Development
- Travel and lodging expenses
- Provide financial assistance for music trip (every 4 years)
- Instrument repairs
- Marching band PA system
- Marching flags
- Wenger chairs
- Tom Cronin – High School Instrumental, 5-6 instrumental at Zion
- Becky Meyer - 5-6 music, 5-8 Instrumental
- Dr. Deb Tornow – TK-4 music, Junior High and High School Vocal Music
- Co-PRESIDENT- Lori Heemstra, Janelle Jones
- SECRETARY- Rochelle Hofmeyer
- TREASURER- Lynn Cole
All parents of South O’Brien music students are members of the Music Boosters and will be asked to help with fund-raising projects. Meetings are held once a month and members are always welcome. Anyone interested in becoming involved or offering support should contact Lori Heemstra (firstname.lastname@example.org).
More information on Music Booster activities can be viewed at: https://sites.google.com/site/southobrienband/music-boosters.