South O'Brien High School
Seniors who have earned 10 or more Varsity Letters over their 4 year high school career must fill out an Athletic Achievement Award Application and return it to the Principal’s Office by Monday, May 5. You can pick up the application in the Principal's Office or click on the link below.
Please read and follow South O'Brien Sportsmanship Guidelines.
Physical Exam Form for Athletic Participation
The clinic and/or doctors' office should have a form available. If not, you may click on the following link to download a pdf version of the form. http://www.iahsaa.org/Sports_Medicine_Wellness/Injury_Prevention_Treatment/Preparticipation_
Students who plan to participate in grade 7-12 School sports must turn in a completed Athletic Participation Physical Exam Form before they will be allowed to participate in practice or events. This is a rule of the Iowa High School Athletic Association (boys) and the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union.
A parent or guardian should help the student complete the Health History portion of the form and must sign the Permission and Release portion once the physical exam is completed.
Students should turn in their forms to the JH/HS office. This can be done at registration and must be submitted by the first day of practice. As a last resort, the athlete may give it to his/her coach(es) before or on the first day of practice. The physical exam is good for one calendar year.
It is an Iowa High School Athletic Association and Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union rule that the Concussion in Sports Fact Sheet MUST BE SIGNED ANNUALLY BY PARENTS/GUARDIANS AND THEIR STUDENT(S) IN GRADE 7-12 BEFORE THE STUDENT(S) CAN PARTICIPATE IN INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETICS, CHEERLEADING, AND DANCE.
You may click on the link above for a copy of the form.
Participants who drop an activity, must complete a Drop Form.
Participant Drop Form, Word document
Links to related web sites.
Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union Positive Coaching Alliance
South O'Brien Policies of Interest to Athletes & Parents
War Eagle Conference Schools Web Sites
Please contact Mary Helfter, email@example.com, if you have corrections or additions for this list. Thanks.
- Akron-Westfield, Akron http://www.akron-westfield.k12.ia.us/
- Gehlen Catholic, LeMars http://www.gehlencatholic.com/
- Hinton http://www.hintonschool.com/
- Marcus-Meriden-Cleghorn, Marcus http://www.mmccsd.org/
- Remsen St. Mary's, http://www.remsenstmarys.org/
- Remsen - Union, http://www.remsen-union.k12.ia.us/
- Spalding Catholic, Granville http://www.spalding-catholic.pvt.k12.ia.us/
- South O'Brien, Paullina http://www.s-obrien.k12.ia.us/
- Unity Christian, Orange City http://www.unity.pvt.k12.ia.us/
- West Sioux, Hawarden http://www.westsiouxschools.org/